“Then the Lord said to Moses, ‘Go to Pharaoh. For I have hardened his heart’.”
- What is good about being hard-hearted? When might it be important?
Sometimes you need to stand up to a bully- Grades K-4
When friends are pressuring you to do something you shouldn’t do and you need to say no.- Grades 5-8
“Moses replied, ‘We will all go, young and old: we will go with our sons and daughters. . .’”
1. Why was it important for young people AND old people to go?
All the people needed to be free.- Grades K-4
2. Do you feel like you are an important part of the Jewish community today?
Yes- because I get to go to the Pardes Jewish School.- Grades K-4
3. What can the Jewish community do to make young people feel MORE welcome?
Make Chanukkah 9 nights!-Grades K-4
More really cool parties with lights and video games and the latest technology.- Grades 5-8
4. When might it be appropriate to have adult-only or children-only get togethers?
A wine auction.- Grades 5-8
NEVER!- Grades 5-8
“This day shall be to you one of remembrance: you shall celebrate it as a festival (Passover) to God throughout the ages.”
- What is one aspect of freedom that you really appreciate?
Being able to go to whatever school I choose.-Grades K-4
2. What do you love most about Passover?
Spring Break!- Grades 5-8
3. Why is it so important to remember being slaves in Egypt?
So that we always remember to be grateful and appreciative of God’s role.- Grades 5-8
4. What is one special thing that your family does at the Passover seder?
The whole family, even those from out of state, AND friends, celebrate together and it is super-fun!- Grades 5-8
Dad dresses up like Pharaoh and we throw ping pong balls at him to demonstrate the plague of hail.- Grades 5-8